some more on library floor plan

Bert Coenen Bert.Coenen at law.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Feb 12 10:44:10 EST 2002

I'll start by thanking everyone who replied to my first email, but I was in
fact looking for something different from what you've sent me.
I'll be a bit more specific as to what I'm after. we want to move beyond the
basic, static two-dimensional floor plan, we're trying to come up with a 3
dimensional model of our library that allows for a certain amount of
interactivity (clickable areas, areas that light up when a certain link is
clicked -e.g. where are the toilets- etc.) the online version of this plan
would almost certainly have to be made in Flash or something similar. I have
spent some time looking for examples of such a floorplan (not just on
library-websites, also on websites of major museums and some airports) but so
far I haven' t found anything resembling the kind of floorplan I have in mind.
has anyone of you ever come across such a floor-plan-thingy (it does not
necessarily have to be a library's)? if so, I'd very much like to see it.

bert