resticting users to one website

Info Galway Library info at galwaylibrary.ie
Mon Feb 11 07:32:36 EST 2002

Hi,

I would like to restrict users to one website, viz. our library catalogue,
on some of our pcs. I am hoping to do this without using filtering software.
I am using Windows NT workstation and Internet Explorer 5.

If I specify 127.0.0.1 as the proxy server and specify my allowed site as
the only site that is not to be retrieved by the proxy server, I meet with
some success. However, when any other website is requested, I get a dialog
box saying 'unable to open search page'. I cannot change the search page or
can I? I would like to create my own page that would explain that this pc
may only be used to access the library catalogue. This page would reside on
the hard disk and would open whenever any website other than the library
catalogue is requested.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
John Fitzgibbon