[WEB4LIB] Re: FrontPage, bad code and Word documents

Steve Cramer smcramer at uncg.edu
Thu Feb 7 15:32:32 EST 2002

Curious. What code were you adding, Walter? I've been using (and adding code in
FrontPage) since 1996 (two colleges ago) and have never experienced that
phenomenon. Perhaps your copy of FP was set to a custom or non-standard
compatibility?

--Steve

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002 12:01:19 -0800 (PST) Walter Giesbrecht <walterg at yorku.ca>
wrote:

> The main thing that used to infuriate me about FP ("used to", because
> I don't use it anymore) was its occasional inability to accept
> perfectly valid HTML when input via the 'HTML view'. I could add code
> this way (mostly because it was easier to get the cursor in the right
> place than in the 'normal' view), switch to Normal, not see any
> difference, go back to HTML and find that my code had been removed.
> Not so much as a "by your leave" -- just gone. Any program that can't
> accept perfectly valid HTML when input directly, as opposed to in
> WYSIWYG mode, is a problem.
>
> --
>
> Walter Giesbrecht                               walterg at yorku.ca
> Data Librarian                         (416) 736-2100 ext. 77551
> York University, Toronto, CANADA                         113 SSB
Steve Cramer
Business Librarian
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
smcramer at uncg.edu
336-256-0346