[WEB4LIB] RE: BIOS Print/Capture

rich at richardwiggins.com rich at richardwiggins.com
Mon Feb 25 23:04:06 EST 2002

Well, by definition the BIOS screens are not under the control of the operating system, so no matter what OS you are running, the OS itself (and applications) can't help you out with a screen capture in-computer.

A digital still camera could work pretty well if you can avoid glare.

Another option would be to use a PC that has a video card with NTSC TV out (RCA plug or S-video), capture the boot up sequence to video tape, and use video editing software to snap stills as desired.  An ATI All-in-Wonder is a common example.

If you don't have a machine with that kind of card, and you don't want to install one, an outboard VGA-to-TV converter would let you do the same trick.  These are pretty cheap now.  Places like PC Connection carry 'em.

/rich