[WEB4LIB] 3rd party ASP implementations

Chuck Bearden cbearden at rice.edu
Mon Feb 25 15:46:25 EST 2002

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Chuck Bearden wrote:

> I'm interested in knowing about any 3rd party implementations of
> Active Server Pages, for Win32, Linux, or Solaris, running with
> webservers other than MS IIS.  The licensing could be commercial,
> open-source, or something in between.
>
> I'm aware of Chili!Soft and Apache::ASP, though I don't know the
> first thing about how well they work or how comprehensively they
> implement the framework.  Any comments in this direction would be
> welcome as well.

Thanks to all who responded.  Chili!Soft's product seems to be the
only one folks on web4lib are using.

To those who pointed me to PHP: thank-you, I already use PHP for web
development, and would myself recommend it to others.  I'm helping a
friend who needs to investigate ASP implementations not requiring MS
IIS.  PHP may well be considered alongside ASP (I will certainly
recommend that it be), but it may be that the developers already know
VB, so that ASP makes more sense for them.

Thanks again,
Chuck
 Chuck Bearden   Library Systems Programmer/Analyst   Rice University
 cbearden at rice.edu           713.348.3634          713.348.5862 (fax)