[WEB4LIB] icons/images for email reference service

Gillian Wiseman gwiseman at ci.waco.tx.us
Fri Feb 22 18:09:30 EST 2002

No, when I created an icon for our library catalog, the patrons could never
find it. It was a picture of an old-fashioned library catalog cabinet, with
one drawer open partway, and the library cards showing. It had the words
"Click Here for Library Catalog" around it. Patrons said "Oh, I thought it
was an ad for furniture" (!).

I am going to be switching to a new icon in future; a book open in front of
a computer screen. Maybe it will be more obvious?? Anybody have any better
suggestions?

Gillian Wiseman
Electronic Resources Librarian
Waco-McLennan County Library