[WEB4LIB] RE: Filtering again

GraceAnne A. DeCandido ladyhawk at well.com
Tue Feb 19 13:34:31 EST 2002

The URL for Karen's TechNote is

http://www.pla.org/publications/technotes/technotes_filtering.html

GraceAnne

Karen G. Schneider wrote on 19 Feb 2002, about [WEB4LIB] RE: Filtering again

> :It appears likely that our legislature will once more be
> considering a :filtering mandate for public libraries.  I'm
> looking for research based :information on the effectiveness
> of filters in screening "harmful" :(whatever that is) while
> not filtering protected information. Anecdotes :are welcome,
> but analyses of large amounts of filtered content would be
> :more useful.
>
> Mine the citations in the Technote I did for PLA; they lead
> to a number of useful places.  The Hunter analysis is
> particularly useful.
>
> Karen G. Schneider
> kgs at bluehighways.com

GraceAnne A. DeCandido, MLS
Blue Roses Consulting ~ Writing ~ Editorial ~ Web Content ~ New York City ~
ladyhawk at well.com http://www.well.com/user/ladyhawk/gadhome.html
Ten Graces for New Librarians
http://www.well.com/user/ladyhawk/albany.html

Writing is exciting, and baseball is like writing.
You can never tell with either how it will go.
Marianne Moore