Filtering again

Michael Dargan darganm at maple.iren.net
Mon Feb 18 23:25:16 EST 2002

It appears likely that our legislature will once more be considering a
filtering mandate for public libraries.  I'm looking for research based
information on the effectiveness of filters in screening "harmful"
(whatever that is) while not filtering protected information.  Anecdotes
are welcome, but analyses of large amounts of filtered content would be
more useful.

Thanks in advance.

---
Michael J. Dargan                               office: 319 291 4496
Technical Systems Administrator                    fax: 319 291 6736
Waterloo and Cedar Falls Public Libraries         Waterloo, IA 50701