[WEB4LIB] Cleaning up WORD HTML

Helene Bardinet missplumeau at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 5 21:22:51 EST 2002

"cleanup Word HTML" then in the "code" view, look for suspicious tags
(i.e.<SPAN style='font-family:"Comic Sans MS"'>, or  class=MsoBodyText)
Highlight the guilty tag (careful with the carets!) and copy it
Edit > find /replace
The text you had highlighted should appear in the top box
In the lower box, ("replace with") just type a space
Be cautious, and choose to "replace" then "find next"
When you are more comfortable, use "replace all"
Make sure you also erase the closing tags (i.e. </span>)
Anyone with a simpler solution?

Helene