[WEB4LIB] Re: text size in IE 5+

Rachel Singer Gordon rsinger at linc.lib.il.us
Sat Feb 2 13:31:12 EST 2002

This happens on my home machine and on a number of them at work -- IE
5.5 and Win98SE. A second window will always launch with the
"smaller" font if I am loading another program at the same time or
occasionally if something intensive (java, whatever) is still loading
in the first IE window when I hit ^N. I just added the text size
button to the toolbar so that it's easily changed back.

- Rachel

>>Not only does (just mine?) IE not remember which font size I
>specified
>>during its last session, it doesn't seem to remember from one
>instance to
>>the next.
>
>>This morning I launched the browser, it loaded my home page in
>"medium."  A
>>new window (Ctrl N) loaded the same page in "smaller".  ??
>
>That's weird.  My first thought was something like the mandatory
>profiles
>suggested by others, but this sounds more like some other software
>is messing
>with your settings.
>
>The only thing I can think of is to wipe a machine and only install
>IE 5 or 6
>and whatever drivers you need for basic functionality.  (I had to do
>this
>during a recent battle with Norton AntiVirus 2002 and flat-screen
>Gateways with
>Radeon cards.)  Does IE default to Medium?  Does this change at some
>point?
>
>If that doesn't work, perhaps those having the problem should
>compare specs and
>see what they have in common.

---
Rachel Singer Gordon / rsinger at linc.lib.il.us