text size in IE 5+

Robert Sullivan scp_sulli at sals.edu
Sat Feb 2 10:37:23 EST 2002

>Not only does (just mine?) IE not remember which font size I specified
>during its last session, it doesn't seem to remember from one instance to
>the next.

>This morning I launched the browser, it loaded my home page in "medium."  A
>new window (Ctrl N) loaded the same page in "smaller".  ??

That's weird.  My first thought was something like the mandatory profiles
suggested by others, but this sounds more like some other software is messing
with your settings.

The only thing I can think of is to wipe a machine and only install IE 5 or 6
and whatever drivers you need for basic functionality.  (I had to do this
during a recent battle with Norton AntiVirus 2002 and flat-screen Gateways with
Radeon cards.)  Does IE default to Medium?  Does this change at some point?

If that doesn't work, perhaps those having the problem should compare specs and
see what they have in common.

Bob Sullivan                               scp_sulli at sals.edu
Schenectady County Public Library (NY)     http://www.scpl.org