GPLed Reading List System

Jon Knight J.P.Knight at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Dec 9 07:01:32 EST 2002

Loughborough University Library has released version 3 of our Reading List
system.  This can be picked up from

   <URL:http://bookworm.lboro.ac.uk/distribution.html>

The Reading List system was developed at Loughborough to fill a perceived
gap in the available commercial systems and also to allow us to customise
the system to our needs.  It is written in Perl, runs under Linux and
makes use of a MySQL database and the Net::Z3950 and MARC Perl modules to
provide Z39.50 links into existing library systems.  It has been in
production use at Loughborough for well over 2 years now and earlier
versions have been taken by other local Universities for their own reading
list systems.  This is the first major public distribution of this system
to a wider general audience.

Tatty bye,

Jim'll