Copyright books

troyj at creighton.edu troyj at creighton.edu
Fri Dec 13 00:38:57 EST 2002

With all the discussion about copyright there are two books on the subject that
I would highly recommend for librarians to read.

The Future of Ideas: The Fate of the Commons in a Connected World
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0375726446/bibliofuture

Copyrights and Copywrongs: The Rise of Intellectual Property and How It
Threatens Creativity
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0814788068/bibliofuture

I do not think that copyright needs to be strengthened. I would be interested
to hear a scenario that someone considers a problem that is not covered by the
current law. I think they are many cases where enforcement is lax but I do see
it as a weakness of the law. Critical comments welcome. Also if you have not
read the books listed above you really should if you are a librarian.