[WEB4LIB] Re: Web page color & accessibility

Nancy Sosna Bohm plum at ulink.net
Tue Dec 3 19:18:14 EST 2002

From: "Patricia F Anderson" <pfa at umich.edu>
> <http://hubel.sfasu.edu/research/AHNCUR.html>
> "When light text is placed on a dark background ...."

I just looked at this study by Ann Hill and observed an interesting
meta-study phenomenom (so to speak):

Table 1 indicates that Italicized Times in Green on Yellow has a very short
reaction time. Surely this must be owing to some outside factor (e.g., the
green on yellow was shown to the participants last and contained the same
text); even non-italicized Times in green on yellow is difficult to read, as
can be observed on Hill's webpage (and which I will therefore not be reading
in its entirety).