[WEB4LIB] RE: Mozilla 1.2.1 is out

Michael L. McEvoy mmcevoy at tln.lib.mi.us
Tue Dec 3 16:35:27 EST 2002

K-Meleon serves the same purpose to Mozilla that PWB serves to MSIE.
K-Meleon uses the base Mozilla engine to produce a highly configurable
browser for Libraries and other institutions requiring stable, and secure
browsers.

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Drew, Bill wrote:

> Would someone please explain to me the differences between K-meleon and
> Mozilla?  I don't mean just in terms of the Mozilla engine but in terms of
> goals and purposes.  I have both installed on my laptop and can't see any
> real differences in functionality.  I just installed Mozilla 1.2.1 on my
> machine and it works very well with ALEPH500 from Ex Libris.  If anything
> would break a browser it would be one of the integrated library systems
> webopacs.
>
> Bill Drew

      ____         ____
     |....|       |....|
     |....| _____ |....|         Michael McEvoy
     `---_|/\___/\|_---'         Electronic Services Support
     / _|_| /\ /\ |_|_ \         Northville District Library
   / /  |_|/\___/\|_|  \ \       e-mail: mmcevoy at tln.lib.mi.us
  / \  ____|\___/|____  / \      MSN:mcspoo at hotmail.com
  |O| (  |_________|  ) |O|      Personal Homepage: http://www.spoo.net
  \_/ |__|         |__| \_/      Library Homepage: http://www.northville.lib.mi.us
     (___|         |___)         "Elementary chaos theory tells us that all
      | |           | |          computers will eventually turn against
     |   |         |   |         their masters and run amok, in an orgy of blood
     |   |         |   |         and the kicking and the biting and the metal
    __| |__       __| |__        teeth and the hurting and the shoving."
   /_|\_/|_\     /_|\_/|_\       - Prof. Farnsworth