[WEB4LIB] RE: Mozilla 1.1 released

Kevin W. Bishop bishopk at rpi.edu
Wed Aug 28 15:30:31 EDT 2002

At 11:34 AM 8/28/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>O.k., I'll be "Charlie McCarthy" to Tom's "Edgar Bergen" and ask...
>"Say, Tom, why SHOULD all web developers use this browser frequently?"

I just alerted my fellow, campus web developers to the fact that the
laptops they handed out to new students this year have Mozilla 1.0
pre-loaded.  Why use it?

Features for the developer (see Tools > Web Development ... how cool is
that?!):
         DOM Inspector (and CSS2 tabs in the sidebar >> see DevEdge)
         Java console
         Javascript console
         Javascript debugger
         local XSL transformations
         high compliance with web standards ... which allows the designer
to see, finally, how it was all meant to be.  :)

Features for the user:
         "Managers" for cookies, forms, passwords, downloads, images.
         Ability to turn off specific scripting actions, like "unrequested
windows" (pop-ups).
         Sidebar
         easier (imho) bookmark/toolbar management

Cheers,
-kb

Kevin W. Bishop   >   bishopk at rpi.edu
Communication & Collaboration Technologies
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
      RPInfo: http://www.rpi.edu/rpinfo/
      Kiosk: http://j2ee.rpi.edu:8080/kiosk/setup.do