Web Resources for Non-Techies

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Thu Aug 22 08:09:58 EDT 2002

I'm wrapping up an article about online resources for librarians and others
who are not computer techs but have to support the computers and systems in
their libraries. I would like to include some real-world examples from
those of you out there doing this every day. If you have some online
resources that you use to help troubleshoot computer problems that you
would like to share, I would appreciate hearing from you. I'll need:

* Your name
* Your Position
* Your library
* The online resources
* A short statement on why you find the resources helpful.

I can't promise that I can use all of your suggestions but if I do, I'll
make sure to let you know when and where your name will be appearing in
print. Since the focus of the article is non-techies doing tech support, I
especially want to hear from anyone who has to do computer support even
though it is not what you were trained to do or it is not in your job
title.

Thank you!

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician