How to input static value

Mike Mitchell mitchmd at lithgow.lib.me.us
Wed Aug 21 16:35:07 EDT 2002

Hi,
	I'm trying to set up a Web page with a simple search input form to our III
catalog. This is a special search limited to a specific material type. In
order to limit the search to the specific material type I have to append a
*p to the user's search term which yields a line like
/search~S20/X?searchtype=t&searcharg=lithgow*p

I can do this with:

<INPUT maxLength=75 size=12 name=searcharg value="  *p">

but I'd like to hide the *p since I'm afraid users will be confused by an
entry box that already has some text in it. I'm sure this is a simple task
but I haven't found the answer yet today. Any help out there? Is their
something like
<INPUT type=hidden name=searcharg appendvalue="*p"> ? This is an HTML
coding question, not a III question.

Michael Mitchell
Systems Librarian
Lithgow Public Library