[WEB4LIB] More Library News From the State of Washington

Shirl Kennedy sdk at cesmail.net
Tue Aug 20 21:51:29 EDT 2002

The quote I liked best in this whole story:

"Mr. Sitler, a member of the American Heritage Party, which calls for an
end to all property taxes and for a government based on biblical tenets,
also complains that the head librarian's annual salary of $51,000 is too
high.
"The salaries they pay those librarians, with health benefits and all that,
it adds up," he said."

Never mind the libraries....  If these people want to do away with all
property taxes, what the heck do they expect to happen when they need to
call 911?

Am I overly naive, or what?

Shirl K.