Call for participants: Online library recruitment survey

Sarah L. Nesbeitt cfsln at eiu.edu
Wed Aug 7 12:19:08 EDT 2002

Good morning,

I am conducting a survey on online library recruitment in 2002.  If you
or your organization has ever advertised a position on the Internet, I
would appreciate your taking a few minutes to help me out with my
research.  (Please excuse cross-postings.)

The survey is located at:
http://www.libraryjobpostings.org/survey2002.htm

I am seeking respondents from all types of libraries (academic, public,
school, special, etc) as well as from other individuals who have
advertised jobs for librarians (vendors, recruiters, etc).

This research follows up on an earlier study I completed on the same
subject five years ago.  Data for this earlier survey were collected
during the summer and early fall of 1997. A link to the article which
resulted from the 1997 survey is available via the link above.

The results of the 2002 survey, in addition to providing an overview of
online library recruitment in 2002, are intended to show how online
library recruitment has changed in the past five years. If you are
curious about the best places to advertise your open positions, the use
of electronic resumes in library settings, and the future of online
advertising as related to print, I encourage you to participate.

Please contact me with any questions or comments.  Thanks very much in
advance!

Sarah L. Nesbeitt
Librarian & Assistant Professor, Reference Services
Booth Library, Eastern Illinois University
Charleston, IL  61920, USA
cfsln at eiu.edu | (217) 581-7538
http://www.libraryjobpostings.org