[WEB4LIB] Fonts & CSS

Jeremy Foster agjf1 at nsh.library.ns.ca
Wed Aug 7 06:29:01 EDT 2002

I'm adding CSS to our website but I  am confused about what to do with the old font tags now.

I like the idea of getting rid of all the font tags and just using CSS but the Accesability guidelines say that I should use them but also keep the font tags for older browsers.

By doing this aren't I making it usless to use the CSS tags.. or is this simple one of those things we have to do redundently so that both old and new browsers will view the fonts correctly?

*Please Note: I'm not trying to start a flamming war! I would like response on how other web designers have delt with this issue.

Thanks,
Jeremy Foster
HRL Webmaster
agjf1 at nsh.library.ns.ca