Swish-E: Text excerpts

bob at esrl.lib.md.us bob at esrl.lib.md.us
Thu Aug 1 13:24:25 EDT 2002

I'm setting up Swish-E as the site search for a few of our member
libraries. So far, so good. I've even scraped enough Perl together to
break the results down to twenty hits per page and offer 'next' and 'prev'
links. My Perl is minimal at best, so I'm pretty proud of that.

But now one of the libraries would like to have the brief excerpt from
each page that includes the searched term to appear along with each hit.
Just like the search results on the Web4Lib archive. Except I don't really
need highlighted words.

Could someone point me some appropriate documentation for implementing
this or just give me a nudge in the right direction a la Perl? I've
checked the Swish-E site and can't seem to find anything relevant.

Thanks.

--
Bob Long, Eastern Shore Regional Library
Senior Systems Technician