[WEB4LIB] seeking text editor recommendations

Paul Taylor ptaylor at tln.lib.mi.us
Wed Aug 14 17:18:14 EDT 2002

If you are using Linux with KDE as your desktop, you should be able to use
Kate, the K Editor, which allows you to choose highlighting based on the
language. I have Redhat 7.3 and default to KDE as my desktop environment, and
Kate seems to support a wide range of highlighting modes, beyond those you
name, with the exception of XSL (XML yes, XSL no). And it's free. ;-)

I don't know of any with Gnome that are as useful, but I don't use Gnome often
enough to say for certain.

-Paul

--
Paul Taylor