web page testing with K-Meleon

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Tue Aug 13 08:02:53 EDT 2002

Just for clarification, most anything that works in Mozilla will work in
K-Meleon. They both are powered by the Gecko layout engine and so most page
rendering is handled in exactly the same way. Occasionally, there are
variations, depending upon which version of the respective browser you are using
and what kind of page tricks the web site is trying to perform. Many web
designers prefer to use K-Meleon for their testing of how pages will render in
Mozilla because it K-Meleon has a much smaller in footprint than Mozilla.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library
Waterford, MI