Finding the blocks in Internet traffic ?

Stephen Mears Stephen.Mears at hunter.health.nsw.gov.au
Mon Aug 12 21:46:57 EDT 2002

Does anyone know of any freely available software that can track or work out where the slow spots are for network/internet traffic ?

We live behind a fire wall and often downloads are at the rate of 3k per second. Our link to the Internet, the other side of our firewall, is 2Mb. Yet our IT people say the slow speed is not their firewall and the network people say it's not their network.  I would really like to find out for myself where the block(s) are.

Thanks

Steve

Stephen Mears
Information Services Librarian