[WEB4LIB] copies of older browsers

Robert Sullivan rsullivan at sals.edu
Mon Aug 12 11:31:44 EDT 2002

> One very problematic browser appears to be Netscape 4.7.  Several
people are
> using this and viewed my test page with it and told me it caused
problems.
> Is it possible to install Netscape 4.7 on a machine that already has
IE 6,
> Opera 6.0, Mozilla 1.0, and K-meleon?

Yes, I have all of those for testing purposes.

> Where would I find the install to download for Netscape 4.7?

The Netscape product archive is available at:

<http://wp.netscape.com/download/archive.html?cp=dowarc>

FYI, I find OffByOne (a Windows-only HTML 3.2 browser) useful for
testing how my pages look in older browsers.  I also use Lynx, of
course, and when I recently had the, um, pleasure of using a PC whose
only Internet access was via AOL 3.0 and a 14.4 modem, I was gratified
to find that my site was still usable.

<http://www.offbyone.com>

Bob Sullivan  <rsullivan at sals.edu>
Schenectady County Public Library (NY)  <http://www.scpl.org/>