Instant Messenger and reference services

Paul Taylor ptaylor at tln.lib.mi.us
Mon Aug 5 15:31:34 EDT 2002

Bill Drew's site inspired me to ask the list about their use of Instant
Messenger services for reference. I recently suggested this to our
librarians, and was immediately shot down for various reasons--better suited
to 24/7 services, we're not always at the desk, etc. (For each of which there
is a simple answer, but why trouble you by preaching to the choir?).

I am told that this was a thread earlier on the list, but I couldn't find it
in a search. Would anyone care to elaborate on their use of Instant
Messenger, etc., as part of their reference services, or direct me to the
thread repository? :)
-Paul
--
Paul Taylor