[WEB4LIB] Re: browser differences

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Fri Aug 2 12:49:39 EDT 2002

> As far as the resize goes, that is there for better display on our public
> computers in the library.  If you have another suggestion to make it
display
> full screen on just our library computers, please tell me so.

Use IP address/range. It's difficult to get the IP address of the client
machine with JavaScript (especially from IE), but not impossible.

> As far as validation, the add ons to Dream Weaver are based on the W3C
> standards and on tidy.

What does "based on" mean?  "Follows exactly" or "used as a rough
guideline"?  And which W3C standard?  Obviously not HTML 4.0 Transitional or
it would have given you the same errors the online validators did.

- Darryl