[WEB4LIB] Re: monitor cleaner

Charles P. Hobbs chhobbs at cdrewu.edu
Fri Aug 2 12:42:16 EDT 2002

Nancy Sosna Bohm wrote:

>>How about that soft "gum" eraser that you find in art stores? Might be
>>less marring than
>>a "Pink Pearl" type eraser....
>>

>--smeary, greasiness left behind will still need Windex or whatever.

OK, I "experimented" a bit with a pencil, and some pre-moistened,
alcohol-based screen cleanining
wipes (I'm using "One Step" from Read/Right) and with a little rubbing,
the pencil mark came right off.

I also had some other wipes (Screen Guardian from Kensington) which
didn't work as well (some of the mark came off, but too much of it was
left behind, leaving a smeary mess no matter how much I rubbed....

--
Charles P. Hobbs
King Drew Health Science Library