[WEB4LIB] Dreamweaver4 problem

Linda Woods Hyman lwhyman at pacbell.net
Tue Apr 9 16:05:48 EDT 2002

At 07:24 AM 4/9/02 -0700, Yvonne Reynolds wrote:
>Has anyone else had a problem with the title element when used with a template in Dreamweaver 4? One should be able to give individual titles to the pages, but in my version I am unable to change this page property for individual  pages.  Anything I type in the title bar is ignored.
>
>Would it make a difference that the template I am using was created by altering another template i.e. a template based on another template?  Possible corruption somewhere along the line?

I was going to ask almost the same Dreamweaver question. My problem is that I changed the template. Then all of the individual page titles defaulted back to the template <title>.  I had to go back and manually rename 57 pages! I am thinking about eliminating the template or only using them when I first create a page, then detach them and use mostly library items, server side includes, or customized objects.
Linda Woods Hyman, MLS., MA.
Project Manager, SBC Pacific Bell Knowledge Network Explorer
http://www.kn.pacbell.com
lh2969 at pacbell.com