[WEB4LIB] Re: Cache problem? but where?

Jeremy Foster agjf1 at nsh.library.ns.ca
Mon Apr 29 10:51:54 EDT 2002

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 Thomas Dowling  wrote:
> No it doesn't.  <http://www.ohiolink.edu/~tdowling/nested-tables.html>.

First off let me make it clear I am not trying to start a browser flaming war :-)

Secondly, yes Thomas, you are correct in your saying that "sometimes" it is Netscape's fault, as in your Nested example above.

I was just using an un-nested table as my example of thought (which does work fine). I close all my TABLE tags as a rule of thumb so that I never run into such problems.

The point being that it would be nice if everyone held their programming to a standard. Not closing table tags (as in the table tag itself, not it's children) is as bad as using browser specific code.

anyway this is way off the topic it started as.. Sorry to put another in your mailbox folks.

Jeremy Foster
HRL Webmaster
agjf1 at nsh.library.ns.ca
Tel: (902)490-5670