site visualization - tools for a quick report?

John Little John.Little at Duke.edu
Wed Apr 17 11:30:52 EDT 2002

I am looking for a tool that can generate a quick visualization report
of my web site.  My requirements are quick and cheap (i.e. good is a
secondary concern at the moment).

My constraint may be that I'm on a UNIX server so Windows products are
out unless they can walk the site like a robot and generate the map from
the "outside."

I would also prefer to aim the tool at my site "as is."  I have some DC
metadata attached to key chunks of the site but I want to ignore any
tools that rely on metadata for the bulk of the visualization criteria.

The nature of my project is to make a first pass and gain a draft
understanding of what additional work might need to be done for a fully
developed visualization.  I've briefly looked at tools that were noted
by Gary Price last July
< http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/archive/0107/0147.html >.

If anyone has some ready-reference knowledge on tools that might meet my
need please let me know.  I know just enough about these tools to
suspect the tool doesn't exist, but if anyone knows of such a tool
they're probably subscribed to Web4Lib.

Thanks.

/John
John.Little at Duke.edu