[WEB4LIB] Help with ASP hanging

Nikos Kourkoumelis nkourkou at hotpop.com
Thu Apr 11 11:05:31 EDT 2002

Hi Larry,
weird problem you 've got there but it reminds a similar one I had some
months ago... Although I don't know a definite answer I would try to help...
Consider these:
1) Select the virtual directory which causes asp troubles and give full
permissions to everyone. Check now... If now it's ok start tightening the
criteria.
2) Is there any access (mdb) file around? Do not try to edit this file
directly into the (virtual) path. Instead edit it outside and then copy it
giving appropriate permissions.
3) Check these articles:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q278712
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q307806 (not very
helpful)

4) Did you install ZoneAlarm? http://www.iisfaq.com/Articles/335/
5) Make sure that no other services run at port 80. Just change the port of
the web server and see what is happening...

Hope this is of help...

Dr. N.Kourkoumelis
System Admin
University of Ioannina -Library