[WEB4LIB] CSS help

Jody Cleveland Cleveland at mail.winnefox.org
Wed Apr 24 10:04:25 EDT 2002

Hi Karen,

You're page viewed fine on Mozilla 1.0RC1, and Netscape 6.2.  As far as
Netscape 4.x is concerned, you may want to try what I did.  Netscape 4
doesn't recognize the @import command.  So, to use that to your advantage,
create two style sheets.  One for NN4, and one for everything else.  Save
your existing page as a new name, and like to a new style sheet called
nn4.css (or something else).  Remove all extra stuff from the sheet, and see
where NN4 breaks.  Once you have that set, put this in the head of your
document:

  <link rel="stylesheet" media="screen" type="text/css" href="nn4.css">
    @import "default.css";

I just went through this myself, so if you have any questions, I'll do my
best to answer them.

HTH,
Jody Cleveland