[WEB4LIB] Re: ISP for traveling notebook computers

gprice gprice at gwu.edu
Mon Apr 8 18:36:15 EDT 2002

Compuserve also has 800 access($6 an hour surcharge) along with a
comprehensive
list of International numbers.

Follow-up on Danny's post:

Earthlink 800 info ($.08 surcharge)
http://www.earthlink.net/home/extras/800/

International Access ($.10 surcharge)
http://www.earthlink.net/home/extras/roam/

Both Compuserve and Earhthlink offer services for businesses.
Perhaps a special rate can be negotiated for your computers.
http://www.compuserve.com/cba/

http://www.earthlink.net/biz/

cheers,
gary

At 06:16 PM 4/8/02, Danny Sullivan wrote:
> > We'd like to set up ISP accounts for the notebooks so people can get
> > to e-mail via the Web.  A nationwide 800 number for the ISP would be
> > great, because travelers would not have to find and input a local
> > access number. We currently have 6 notebooks and will be expanding to
> > 12.
>
>I know Earthlink provides 800 support, though it's something like $5/hr.
>They also have a wide-range of local numbers. I've used them for years
>when traveling to different parts of the US, and they have international
>options, if you need them, as well.
>
>cheers,
>danny
>
>-----------------------------------
>Danny Sullivan
>Editor, SearchEngineWatch.com
>http://searchenginewatch.com

Looking for More News, New Sites, Search Tips?
Visit The Virtual Acquisition Shelf and News Desk
http://resourceshelf.blogspot.com

Gary D. Price, MLIS
Librarian
Gary Price Library Research and Internet Consulting
gprice at gwu.edu