ISP for traveling notebook computers

Smith, Barbara BSmith at imls.gov
Mon Apr 8 11:41:52 EDT 2002

We maintain a small fleet of notebook computers that staff take on trips.
Most travelers want to be able to access e-mail on our Outlook server.
Until now, we've set the notebooks up with dial access to a small modem
pool, which has not been a good solution.

We'd like to set up ISP accounts for the notebooks so people can get to
e-mail via the Web.  A nationwide 800 number for the ISP would be great,
because travelers would not have to find and input a local access number.
We currently have 6 notebooks and will be expanding to 12.

I'm working my way through Web sites for various ISPs, but am hoping someone
has a successful solution or ideas they'd be willing to share.

Thanks in advance, Barbara

Barbara G. Smith,  Technology Officer
Institute of Museum and Library Services
1100 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Room 802
Washington, DC 20506

voice:    202/606-5254
fax:       202/606-1077