[WEB4LIB] Re: img ALT attribute in NS 6.2.x

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Mon Apr 8 10:09:27 EDT 2002

Thomas,

Is it correct, as I was told, that Mozilla is following the correct
interpretation of the W3C recommended standards? We've had this discussion with
the K-Meleon browser and in our next release, we'll be splitting the difference.
If a TITLE tag is present, that will be displayed on the mouseover and takes
precedent over the ALT tag. The ALT tag text will be displayed only if no TITLE
tag and text is present.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library