Reminder: Steering By Standards Videoconference Series

Lytle,Amy lytlea at oclc.org
Thu Apr 4 10:46:54 EST 2002

[Widely cross-posted with apologies.  Please redistribute as appropriate.
Thank you!]

Learn how you can  anticipate, influence, and exploit emerging standards
through the OCLC Institute's "Steering by Standards" videoconference series,
bringing together librarians and experts in information standards.

"The OAIS Imperative: Enduring Record or Digital Dust?" features Donald
Sawyer, NASA; MacKenzie Smith, MIT Libraries; and Bruce Ambacher, National
Archives and Records Administration.
Date:  April 19, 2003
Time: 12:00 - 2:30 p.m. EDT

"Paper Past, Digital Future: Managing Metadata Standards in Transition,"
features Barbara Tillett, Library of Congress; Liz Bishoff, Colorado
Digitization Project; and Sam Dempsey, Informat.com (Baker & Taylor).
Date: May 29, 2003
Time: 12:00 - 2:30 p.m. EDT

Please join your colleagues across the USA and Canada for these
participatory videoconferences.  For each show, speaker presentations will
be followed by a panel discussion with ample time for questions and comments
from our remote and live audiences.   A toll-free telephone number is
provided for your convenience.

Cost per show:  $350.00
Special discount:  Purchase a site license for both shows and receive a $100
discount:  2-show site license only $600.00

For further information and to register:
http://www.oclc.org/institute/events/sbs.htm

The first show in this series, "A New Harvest: Revealing Hidden Resources
with the Open Archives Metadata Harvesting Protocol" aired March 26.  See
selected viewer comments below.

 - "I appreciated the mix of speakers.  Wide coverage of topic from variety
of points of view."

- "The speakers were able to effectively outline both the major challenges
as well as opportunities for this initiative."

- "Wide coverage of topic from variety of points of view."

- "Speakers appropriately diverse."

We hope you will join us for these videoconferences on emerging standards.

Amy Lytle
Event Coordinator
OCLC Institute
800.848.5878 x 5212