LLRX Update - April 1, 2002

Cindy L. Chick cchick at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 1 23:56:58 EST 2002

New on LLRX.com for April 1, 2002
Sabrina I. Pacifici and Cindy L. Chick, Editors
http://www.llrx.com

**Technology For Tightwads, Part II
http://www.llrx.com/features/tightwads2.htm

Sheryl Cramer suggests dozens of software applications that will
enable you and your office to be productive and efficient without
breaking the bank. She covers firewall/virus protection, utilities for
e-mail, chat, faxing, graphics, MAC utilities, entertainment and lots
more.

**Remember the Internet Archive for Historical Research
http://www.llrx.com/features/internetarchive.htm

Steven M. Cohen details how the Internet Archive can be used to
facilitate research for historical statutes and court decisions, as
well as law reviews and legislative information.

------------------Advertising---------------------

Sign up for a free place on any patent searching workshop for Derwent
files on Dialog, organised by Derwent Information, the world's leading
patent information provider. To register visit our web site:
www.derwent.com/training/index.html where you'll also find a complete
schedule for Spring 2002 and a full description of each workshop. Our
half-day workshops enable you to enhance your search techniques
whether you're a beginner with limited patent searching know-how or a
highly experienced searcher. For more information, email our US
Training Department (training at derwentus.com) or telephone (800)
451-3551.

**Law Firm Collaboration Via Extranets
http://www.llrx.com/features/lextranet.htm

Mila F. Bartos explains the value of web based document repository
services, such as LextraNet.com, to build extranets that provide a
platform for attorneys to electronically manage and maintain all the
information they need for a case.

**Researching Tajik Law:  A Guide to the Tajik Legal System
http://www.llrx.com/features/tajik.htm

Nargis Bozorova's guide provides an overview of the country's history,
the legal system, legislation, the constitution, government structure,
and related web resources.

**Update to Annex: Human Rights, Country and Legal Information
Resources on the Internet
http://www.llrx.com/features/rsd_bib2.htm

Elisa Mason's timely updated guide reflects the addition of numerous
web resources in the areas of national laws and policies, case law,
guidelines, recommendations and resolutions, human rights reports,
individual country reports, and news services.

**The Internet Roundtable: How Can I Optimize My Law Firm Web Site's
Search Engine Placement?
http://www.llrx.com/extras/ir29.htm

Jerry Lawson, Brenda Howard and Dennis Kennedy assess
and recommend practical ways that law firms can drive
traffic to their sites in the highly competitive arena
of web site placement by search engines.

**How to Install Norton SystemWorks; Hub-ba Hub-ba for a USB Hub; An
Acrobat-ic Correction; and A Sporty MP3 Player from Nike
http://www.llrx.com/columns/legaltech4.htm

Brett Burney addresses installation issues that may occur with Norton
SystemWorks, reviews the Keyspan USB 4-port Mini Hub, expands upon his
previous review of Acrobat 5.0's features, and tests the new Nike
PSA[Play 120 MP3 player.

**Short Takes - Phaser Wireless Track Ball Mouse
http://www.llrx.com/extras/shorttakes2.htm

Barbara Fullerton reviews the Phaser Wireless Track Ball Mouse with
built-in laser pointer from IOGear.

**Questions: Your Answer to Great Presentations
http://www.llrx.com/columns/guide62.htm

Marie Wallace focuses on incorporating Q&A sessions and questions into
a successful presentation.

**Latest Links
http://www.llrx.com/links/040102.htm

Margaret Berkland reviews: The Cheney Energy Task Force, The Daily
Enron, Bill Thompson's Eye on Books, Top Contributors From the Energy
Sector, 1999-2002, National Public Radio Audio Americana, and Portals
to the World.

**Editor's Featured Site: Health Privacy Project
http://www.healthprivacy.org/

The Health Privacy Project represents a coalition of public interest
advocacy organizations, sponsored by the Open Policy Institute
http://www.soros.org/osi.html.  Their goal is to inform and educate
the public regarding state and federal laws that impact the privacy of
their medical data.  The site provides access to government reports,
regulations, bills and proposed legislation, Congressional testimony,
surveys, and related web links (Editor, Sabrina I. Pacifici).

**LLRXBuzz April 1, 2002
http://www.llrx.com/buzz/buzz102.htm
-International Law Resource Guide
-H-Law
-Goldie Oldies
-Practical Privacy Tools
-The Nevada Index
-Oxford Reference is rolling out the barrel of
research!
-Metasearch Engine Focuses on UK Search Engines

**LLRX Newstand -
http://www.llrx.com/newstand/index.htm
Updated daily: the latest news on legal-tech issues, legislation, web
resources and services, online research and more. (Edited and Compiled
by Sabrina I. Pacifici)

**9-11-2001 Related News, Legislation and Resources, Updated Daily
(Compiled and Edited by Sabrina I. Pacifici
http://www.llrx.com/newstand/wtc.htm

----------------------------Job
Opening-----------------------------------
Bloomberg has an opportunity available for a Legal Information Systems
Designer. For more information and to apply go to
http://careers.bloomberg.com, select current listings, search by all
positions and select Princeton for the city. Please reference
requisition number 11683 when applying.
Update (distributed twice each month), please use the following link:
http://lb.bcentral.com/ex/manage/subscriberprefs.aspx?customerid=11065

(c) Copyright 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 Law Library
Resource Xchange LLC, all rights reserved. Permission to redistribute
by email is granted provided the entire issue, including the copyright
statement, remains intact.