[WEB4LIB] disaster resources

gwasdin at nypl.org gwasdin at nypl.org
Fri Sep 14 11:39:49 EDT 2001

Hi all

As many of you may have heard, so many of the online resources out there
have proved to be either hoaxes, or just very inaccurate.  Many of the
databases for victims and survivors, for instance, have allowed anyone to
add information (one of which I sent out earlier this week).

There is a verifiable resource which is being updated only by the NYC
hospitals which would be more authoritative.  It has a numeric URL, so is
most easily found by going to http://www.cbsnewyork.com/.  The link is on
the right side of the screen, labeled Official Site:  World Trade Center
Victims Who Were Taken to Area Hospitals.

Gary

Gary A. Wasdin
Training Coordinator
The New York Public Library
Humanities and Social Sciences Library
New York, NY  10018-2788
212-930-9284
gwasdin at nypl.org

                    Isabel Danforth
                    <danforth at alumni.t       To:     Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at webjunction.org>
                    ufts.edu>                cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     [WEB4LIB] disaster resources
                    web4lib at sunsite.be
                    rkeley.edu

                    09/14/2001 11:17
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    danforth

I have been trying to keep up with information on our web page for our
patrons here in Central Connecticut.  We tried to offer sites of local
focus as well as more general resources.  Many of these sites have been
mentioned on this list, and I thank you all.

http://russelllibrary.org/disaster.htm

Thanks.

Isabel