[WEB4LIB] Re: stolen domain?

JENNIFER A. HEISE jahb at lehigh.edu
Tue Sep 4 16:15:45 EDT 2001

> Hey, it is like forgetting to renew your driver's license, pay your
> taxes, or anything else.

Nope, it's more like forgetting to pay your phone bill and having your
phone number
immediately bought up by and used by a pay-by-the-minute dialup porn
line.

The real problem here is that the intent is obviously harrassment of the
users of the former owner (that's why the buyer has set up the web page
to keep cascading ever more inappropriate-to-most-social-settings pages
as you try to close browser windows) in order to blackmail the former
owner.

There may be a time and a place for porn, but I really resent having it
shoved in my face when I'm looking for something completely different in
order to extort money from other people.

-- jenne heise