[WEB4LIB] Re: Librarian Stereotype

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Tue Sep 4 14:42:09 EDT 2001

Monday, August 27, 2001, 6:52:25 AM, you wrote:

rrc> At the Special Libraries Association meeting this past June, there was a session called "Bat Girl Was a Librarian, and So Was Casanova!!!"  The session covered the image of the librarian in pop
rrc> culture and literature.  I didn't attend the session but my wife did and found it insightful and entertaining.  The speaker was Alison Hall from Carleton University.  Not sure if her slides are
rrc> online but maybe she could be persuaded to share.

rrc> Then there's always: http://www.teleport.com/~petlin/liplib/

OR:

http://www.riverofdata.com/librariana/porn/ for info on the image of
librarians in hardcore porn novels (which are a dying breed
themselves).

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA