Honoring

Robert L. DeCandido bronxbob at well.com
Fri Sep 28 10:59:32 EDT 2001

I just wanted to take a moment to share with this community an idea. One
that, perhaps, others have had. In addition to displaying a flag The
Pierpont Morgan Library has placed on display a copy of the Declaration
of Independence. Being a library of special collections, it's one of the
25 extant copies of the first printing. But that's not the point. As
libraries making a gesture with words and ideas, with documents, seems
appropriate and more significant. The point is to remember what the flag
stands for. As the signers said:

"...we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our
sacred Honor."

Indeed.

--
Robert DeCandido