Software Programs or PERL Scripts for Quizzing/Assessment?

Carol Brown carol.brown at wright.edu
Wed Sep 26 19:36:31 EDT 2001

We are in the process of doing some online quizzes (pre and post tests) to
be included as part of our Library Research Tutorials and I'd like to know
if anyone has purchased any of the available "pre-packaged" PERL scripts
available on the web for such purposes or does anyone have any suggestions
of free/shareware scripts they've used.

I've found such packages as Quirex and Quick Quiz in scripting archives but
really would like to know what people have used when they have limited
scripting abilities.  There seems to be an abundance of such products out
there and I'd like a reality check on quality.

Our current PERL scripts are for user surveys and I'm having trouble
adapting them.  I have cursory PERL skills, so I am really looking for some
type of package that can just be edited for our own needs.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Carol Brown
Assistant Head of Reference and Instruction
Dunbar Library, Wright State University
(937)775-3521
carol.brown at wright.edu
"Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul --
And sings the tune without words, and never stops -- at all."
-- Emily Dickinson