Z39.50 with Dynix

Bob Long bob at esrl.lib.md.us
Tue Sep 11 08:30:42 EDT 2001

Hello. I'm trying to establish a WWW to Z39.50 gateway for some of our
member libraries running Dynix. This is using the Stanford WWW/Z39.50
Gateway - http://lindy.stanford.edu/~hrf/z3950/

I've been troubleshooting from the command line with zclient, but when I
attempt to find some records I get this message:

Z39.50> find title/trunc:right/struct:phrase (harry potter)
-OK: Status -3, Hits 0, Received 1 (Set: default)
-DIAGNOSTIC: (100) Unspecified error
-- Time to receive pdu: 0.49957 seconds

The thing about it is, when I run this against one of our DRA or III
systems, it returns records like a champ. So I assume there must be
something different about the way Dynix systems deal with this.

Is anyone out there running a www/z39.50 gateway with Dynix, and if so,
did you do anything special to get the client to work?

Bob Long, Eastern Shore Regional Library, Inc.
Automation Technical Assistant
410 479 0776	(v)
410 548 5807	(f)
bob at esrl.lib.md.us