Searchable database of Marc records of CD's and recordings, with table of contents?

Don Hamilton dhamilto at wlu.ca
Thu Sep 27 15:58:50 EDT 2001

Somewhere (maybe in my dreams?) I have seen a program which could identify a
CD using  some stuff internal to the cd (like maybe contents of the index
track, or something) and a connection to a database somewhere. It runs in my
less than perfect mind that I was working with SGI hardware at the time, and
it came with the IRIX software, but I'll be darned if I can remember any
more than that.

Anyone have a clue what I'm thinking of?

I'd like to be able to grab cataloguing copy for CD's just by inserting the
CD... what have I been smoking????

Don Hamilton: Systems by Training; Cybrarian by Osmosis
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
75 University Ave, West, Waterloo, Ontario