[WEB4LIB] Re: K-Meleon 0.5 Availability

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Thu Sep 27 13:57:09 EDT 2001

Thursday, September 27, 2001, 10:06:21 AM, you wrote:

>> Sorry Mac and Linux users!

RW> Or perhaps 'Sorry K-Meleon'  :)  For my part, I simply won't use or
RW> promote any software that is not considerate enough to provide cross-
RW> platform alternatives for software users.  It is one way that I can 'cast
RW> a vote' as it were.

Not to get into a platform or OS war, but doesn't any product have to
start with something small and then expand later?  Aren't there other
good things that have been developed in U**x or Mac environments where
the developers weren't "considerate enough" to port them to other
platforms?

I don't think we have to consider such developers to be bad because
they can't be all things to all people at the same time.  T'would seem
that supporting them in development or promotion might help them get
to the point where they could devote time to porting it elsewhere.

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA