(OHIONET) 10/16/01 Stress Management for Librarians

Mary Conroy mconroy at ohionet.org
Tue Sep 25 18:05:08 EDT 2001

***OHIONET Workshop***

Stress Management for Librarians

Instructor: Mitzi Segal
Date:   10/16/01
Time:   10:00AM-3:00PM
Location: OHIONET, 1500 West Lane Ave, Columbus OH 43214

STRESS: Surveying Tension, Releasing Energy Staying Steady!

   Libraries may seem quiet, but we know better. How do you stay calm and
productive under pressure? How do you deal with difficult patrons and
co-workers? How do you have enough time and energy to do everything? In this
workshop, we'll take a look at some typical library and office scenarios,
and "survey the tension". After identifying different types of stress, we'll
unwind by learning about various relaxation methods, quick stress relief and
how to "release energy". We'll discuss tips for dealing with high pressure
situations, and ways to reduce ordinary tension. To "stay steady" we'll
examine the bigger picture and discuss longer-term strategies and balance.

   The instructor worked in library public services for many years. A
popular instructor, she is eager to share stress management techniques,
research and tips with other librarians.

Audience
   Librarians, managers and anyone affiliated with libraries or related
organizations who would like to reduce stressful situations and improve the
quality of their work life.

Prerequisite: None
Cost: $60 for members (INFOhio members should prepay)
      $95 for nonmembers (Nonmembers must prepay)

To register:
http://www.ohionet.org/Training/WorkshopDescription.asp?ID=793

or go to www.ohionet.org  see training

Mary Mlynar Conroy
Library Services Coordinator
OHIONET, 1500 West Lane Ave, Columbus OH 43221
Fax 614/486-1527  voice 800/686-8975 or  614/486-2966 ext 16
mailto:mconroy at ohionet.org