[WEB4LIB] Why eBooks and When?

LINDHOLM Janus L Janus.L.LINDHOLM at ci.eugene.or.us
Wed Sep 12 13:45:44 EDT 2001

I am coming in a little late on this whole train, but I just couldn't resist
adding my two cents to Andrew's comment about children and interactive
e-books, especially as a parent.  Children are already over interacting with
electronics.  The image of a child sitting at a computer and having a book
read with all kinds of interactive resources may sound wonderful, but it is
so cold, so impersonal.  It isn't that I am anti-technology.  I have been in
the computer field for over 20 years.  I guess I'm looking more at the
social interaction, the isolation that computers create for those that use
them rather than humans for their entertainment and education....

The opinions that I express are mine and mine alone.  I am not speaking for
my library or my profession.

Janus Lindholm                 Applications Support Tech. Sr.
Eugene Public Library          541-682-6894
Eugene Oregon                  janus.l.lindholm at ci.eugene.or.us