[WEB4LIB] Re: What libraries can do to help

gwasdin at nypl.org gwasdin at nypl.org
Wed Sep 12 13:32:02 EDT 2001

I have heard very little, and of course details are still so sketchy.

One glimmer of good hope, and wonderful news....the husband of one of our
staff worked on the 82nd floor of Tower 1, and was able to get out safely,
just seconds before the building collapsed.  He said that they of course
had no idea what was happening, and couldn't fathom the magnitude of what
was going on...which probably saved their lives, since everyone was able to
walk down all those stairs relatively calmly and quietly.

Gary

Gary A. Wasdin
Training Coordinator
The New York Public Library
Humanities and Social Sciences Library
New York, NY  10018-2788
212-930-9284
gwasdin at nypl.org

                    Blake Carver
                    <carver.50 at osu.edu       To:     Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at webjunction.org>
                    >                        cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     [WEB4LIB] Re: What libraries can do to help
                    web4lib at sunsite.be
                    rkeley.edu

                    09/12/2001 01:28
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    carver.50

To: danny at calafia.com Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] Re: What libraries can do to
help
I have yet to see anything on the Libraries and Librarians that were
located in the WTC, has anyone spotted anything?
I googled a few libraries, but it seems there must be more.
Has anyone heard from Librarians that worked in the building?
--American Merchant Marine Library Assn, (212) 775-1038, 1 World Trade Ctr,

New York, NY 10048
--The Kompass Library One World Trade Center Suite 7701
--Journal of Commerce Library 2 World Trade Center, 27th floor
--New York Society of Security Analysts (NYSSA) [I think had one]
-- AMER MERCHANT MARINE LIBRARY 1 WORLD TRADE CTR # 2161

-Blake

Blake Carver
Web Librarian
The Ohio State University Libraries